Ensuring your rabbit has access to water at all times is extremely important. Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a serious condition that is easily avoided by simply giving the rabbit water. Of course, not all water dishes are the same. In fact, there are five specific things you should consider when deciding on the best water dish for your rabbit.
Dish versus bottle
The one main advantage of a bottle over a dish is that it is affixed to the cage, making spills a non-issue. However, drinking from a bottle is not the most natural activity for a rabbit. Because wild rabbits typically drink from ground-level sources, a dish may be a more optimal choice.
In terms of preventing spills, there are a variety of dishes that fit securely to any wire cage, effectively eliminating any chance of a spill. If you opt for a dish that does not attach to the cage, you can simply place it in a corner, which will help to stop sliding and tipping.
It is very important to consider the materials comprising a rabbit’s water dish. For instance, plastic bowls can be easily chewed, leaving you a leaking, mangled mess. Also, plastic is light and easy to knock over. However, if you prefer plastic, you should look for one that includes a steel-edge design that prevents chewing. You should also consider one that can be secured to the cage rather than placed on the floor.
Rabbit water dishes are also made from stainless steel or ceramic. These materials prevent chewing and are typically heavy enough to prevent any rabbit from knocking it over.
It is quite common for water dishes to store enough water to last for two days. However, it is still important to consider the specific dimensions of the dish. Because there are many sizes and designs to choose from, you should make sure that the dish both fits in the cage and provides enough water on a daily basis.
If you opt for a dish that does not affix to the cage, be sure to place it at ground level. A dish placed any place other than this presents a potentially unsafe situation in which the bowl can accidentally fall and break.
It is important to check your rabbit’s water dish to ensure it is full. Additionally, you should look for a dish that is easy to clean. Some water dishes come in two parts, allowing you to remove the dish itself, wash it, and replace it without having to unlatch the whole system.
1. Stainless Steel Food Water Bowl
This rabbit water dish from Hypeety is made from stainless steel, which means it is one of the more durable watering holes available.
- Easy to clean and extremely durable.
- It can be used for hold food or water,prevents your bird from accidentally tipping food/water bowl.
- Keep plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times.
In terms of set up, it comes with a ring you can attach to your bunny’s cage. Next, all you have to do is simply slip the dish into the ring. When it is time to clean, all you need to do is remove the dish, wash it, and replace it.
Another great feature of this water dish is the simple fact that it is attached to the cage. Never again will your rabbit be able to knock over its water, leaving it thirsty and wet.
There are three sizes to choose from.
– 10 centimeters (cm) wide by 5 cm deep
– 12 centimeters (cm) wide by 5.5 cm deep
– 14 centimeters (cm) wide by 5 cm deep
Finally, this water dish can also double as a food dish.
2. ZOOPOLR Cage Feeder
The water dish from Zoopolr is a perfect addition to any rabbit cage. The plastic-plus, steel-edge design ensures your rabbit will not chew this dish. Additionally, it is non-toxic, which keeps your bunny safe.
In terms of size, it is 4.3 inches long, 3.1 inches wide, and 2.6 inches high. The small size makes it perfect for rabbits and a variety of other small pets. Furthermore, because of its small size, you can place the dish in a variety of spaces in your cage.
The clever design of the snap-lock bracket system allows you to easily attach it to any wire cage. Because it can be affixed to the cage, you do not have to worry about spilled dishes ever again.
Another great feature of this water dish is that it comes in four fun colors: green, pink, blue, and yellow.
- Size:4.3-Inch long, 3.1-inch wide, 2.6-inch high.
- Capacity design to meet the different needs of variety of small animals: chinchillas, rabbits, guinea pigs, squirrels, ferrets, hamster and other small pet.
- Perfect small animals bowls for either food or water storage, without the mess
3. Lixit Animal Care Rabbit Feeder/Water Fountain
For bunnies that have free run of the house, the “gravity feed” water dish from Lixit is a great choice. Because it does not affix to a cage you can place it anywhere in your house. In fact, you can use it in your outdoor rabbit pen, too.
The reversible base allows you to use this as both a water dish and a food bowl. The reversible bowl is labeled either water or food, ensuring you do not fill this dish incorrectly. For more timid bunnies, the water dispenser is quiet and will not scare your rabbit away from a much-needed drink.
In terms of capacity, this water dish holds 48 ounces of water and up to 5 cups of feed. For safety, this dish is bisphenol A (BPA) free.
- Happy pets: gravity feeder is perfect for rabbits, ferrets, chinchillas, guinea pigs, or sugar gliders, always providing a steady supply of food or water to keep them satisfied
- Complete feeding sytem: use One for water and one for food! The base is reversible, Simply unscrew the reservoir and flip the base over
- Easy CLEANING: wide mouth reservoir is easy to clean should you have a furry friend who likes to make a mess
4. Joyoldelf Bowl
When it comes to one of the better rabbit water dishes, the one from Joyoldelf delivers on a variety of levels. For instance, its smart design is comprised of an eco-friendly, plastic, outer bowl and a food-safe, stainless-steel, inner bowl.
The inner bowl is removable, which makes it extremely easy to clean, fill, and maintain. In terms of stability, the cross-lock design ensures you can easily secure it to any wire cage or hatch, and your bunny will not be able to tip it over.
In terms of style, the outer plastic bowl sports a cheery blue while the inner stainless-steel bowl is comprised of a smooth surface that is a result of a mirror-polish finish. In fact, this sleek look is sure to last for years to come.
- The pet bowl comes with 2 parts, one is the plastic bowl, it secures to side of crate. Another is an internal stainless steel bowl that you can take it out and put back rather than unscrewing the whole thing, offers great convenience when in use.
- Perfect size for your pets, plastic bowl: height: 2.3'', diameter: 5.1''. Stainless steel bowl: height: 1.8'', diameter: 4.9''.
- Stylish design, combination of sleek blue plastic bowl and the stainless steel bowl, smooth surface due to mirror polish, as bright as new even used it for many years.
5. MoMaek Small Animal Rabbit Water Dish
This simple water dish from MoMaek delivers a 5 cm capacity for water or feed. Made from translucent plastic, it allows you to easily monitor the water needs of your furry friend.
Although this dish is made of plastic, the steel-edged design prevents chewing. In terms of the simple design, it attaches quickly to any wire cage via the easy-to-use snap-lock bracket system. It sits snugly on the bottom of the cage, providing extra assurance that it will not tip over. In addition to securely attaching, it also allows for quick and easy removal and cleaning.
Finally, for such a simple, no-fuss design, it actually comes in three attractive colors: light purple, light blue and light pink.
- Material: Made of Translucent Plastic..Animal Dish is steel-edged to prevent your pet chewing.Size:5.11-Inch long, 3.93-inch wide,4.13-inch high
- Unique Designs add to cage Decor. Ideal for rabbits, chinchillas, guinea pigs, galesaur, hamster or other small animals.
- Exclusive snap-lock bracket system attaches directly to any wire cage for easy feeding. Remove from hanger for easy cleaning.
6. CalPalmy Food and Water Bowl
Available in blue or pink, this water bowl from CalPalmy is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a dish that absolutely will not spill. The no-spill, snap-lock system securely attaches to your rabbit’s cage or hutch to prevent sliding or spilling.
Made of high-quality, non-toxic plastic, you can be sure that this water dish is durable. In addition, it incorporates a steel-edge that does not allow your pet to chew on and ultimately damage the dish.
At just 5 inches long, 4 inches wide, and 3 inches high, this dish will fit perfectly into most cages while providing ample water (up to 8 ounces) or feed for your rabbit.
Finally, the dish slides out of the snap-lock system for convenient cleaning and filling.
- INNOVATIVE TIP-PROOF FOOD AND WATER DISHES- This 2-pack set of bowls come with a specially designed snap-lock attachment that works on most cages and bowls that have a low 1 3/4-inch lip for ease in drinking and eating. These mini bowls have a height of 5 inches, a length of 4 inches, and a width of 3 3/4 inches. It's safe to say that these bowls don't take up much space. But even with their small size, these bowls can hold more than 1 cup of food and water.
- MADE FROM PREMIUM QUALITY MATERIALS - Made from 100% premium-quality, non-toxic, BPA-free plastic with a stainless-steel lip for added durability. These bowls can withstand chews, scratches, and even the occasional climbs from curious pets.
- EASY TO INSTALL CLIP-ON FOOD DISHES - Takes 30 seconds to install, no special tools needed. The 3/4" screw-style mounting hardware holds itself well especially if you attach it to a cage bar intersection. Once it's locked in, the bowls won't budge - even if your pet decides to take a plunge.